Friday, March 03, 2006

Firenze

I have just returned from a trip to Firenze, Pisa, Paris, and Doha. I think I have published pictures of the last three before so I thought I'd show you something from Firenze (Florence).

Firenze is a nice small city and of course famous for it's contribution to the Renaissance. It is also famous for wine, food, and fashion - especially leather (think purses Megan). Here are 5 different views of the famous cathedral in Firenze, the Duomo, starting in the upper left and going clockwise.

1 The dome visible over buildings from my hotel window

2 Inside the cathedral looking up at the dome

3 The facade of the cathedral

4 The baptistry with cathedral and dome in back

5 The main entrance

On this trip Ikeda-san bought a $100 bottle of Tuscany wine in a restaurant that I was unable to fully appreciate but thought was very good indeed. Ikeda-san likes wine whereas Hatta-san likes sake. I have decided wine is more likely to give me a headache and I'm leaning towards Hatta-san.

This week my visitors show up and we are going to Kyoto and Nara. There should be more Japanese pictures in the next posting...

V=6703

No comments: