Friday, January 20, 2006

Megan's Purse

This week's picture is Kanako-san showing the purse she made for Megan's Christmas present. Megan is a purse collector and this one is the only one like it in the world. It is made from an embroidered obi (sash to a kimono). I found the obi in a shop that specializes in kimono, and has a number of old ones which is where this one came from.

Kanako-san is a secretary in the office who was trained as a weaver of cloth but is working as a secretary until she makes it in fashion. Anyway, she is a good seamstress too and I saw some purses she had made and asked if she could make one from the obi. She agreed and just finished this one.

I must give myself some credit, but it is pretty clear who has the talent. Also, she is cute and keeps asking about David from the picture in my office. Megan, I hope you enjoy it... Dad

No comments: