Thursday, September 02, 2004

Shrine Cats


The story of the Maneki Neko (Beckoning Cat) is an interesting one. I got one for Stuart last Christmas and the other week I saw this one and got it for myself. You can find the story at this web site: Maneki Neko. Mine is kind of different. He is chubby and looks kind of feisty. I found him in a store when I was walking the Seven Good Fortune Gods Tour. I don't think I wrote about that. You can find out about that at this web site: Shichifukujin.

Anyway, whenever I saw a neko (cat), real or stone, I sat him down beside it and took a picture. These were all neko I saw at shrines. The Kanji on the bib invites good fortune. He has also been to the top of Fuji-san so I figure this is one lucky cat. He spends most of his time near my front door inviting good fortune.
Frank

No comments: