Sunday, September 19, 2004

Beer Change

It has been a busy week at work but I haven't done much else. An interesting thing here is that almost all the T-shirt messages are in English. So I entertained myself this week by writing some of them down. Here are some of the more interesting ones along with a short description of the person wearing it:
  • Young woman: "Beer Change"
  • Teenage girl: "Happy Hunting Products - The Conny Island Product"
  • 30's woman: "Rocks Benefit" with a star around it
  • Young man: "Cap'n Munch"
  • 30's man: "Ride for Tomorrow - Athletic Bull"
  • Pretty girl: "I know what you want"
  • Middle aged woman: "Everyone imetates me - Always"
  • Teenage girl: "Sports Island Fishing Cruises - Ocean Wise"
  • Young mother: "Jungle me Jane"
  • Pretty woman: "My life is Boring"
  • 30's woman: "Bada Boum"
  • Young man: "Recon Ensemble Trifecta - Primary Design Function - Color Denial"
The spelling is as it was on the shirt. A lot of them don't make much sense but who cares? I haven't looked in the United States lately but the spelling probably isn't too good there either.

Clothing here for women changes with the seasons as I think I have written to you before. The women all wore boots in the winter and pretty much stopped at the same time. Then there were high heels and then sandals - even high heel sandals. Women still carry umbrellas for protection from the sun. Not everyone, but quite a few. Folding fans are also common. I need to get myself one. They hand out free fans as you walk down the street with advertising on them. In the winter, they hand out free tissue packages with advertising on them.

It is starting to cool down again. So pretty soon it will be boots and tissue season again. Well that is pretty much it. Hope to see many of you while I am home.

No comments: