Sunday, September 26, 2004

Apartment Flower Arrangements


Apartment Flower Arrangements

Hi to all, and I hope genki desu (you are well). This has been a very slow week as far as news here. Nothing but work. So I'll write about the flowers in the front of the apartment building. Flower arrangement is a master art in Japan and I don't profess to know much about it. They keep a flower arrangement at several spots in the building including the entry, the front desk, and the spa / gym / restaurant entrance upstairs.

The pictures on my blog are from the front of the apartment - every week or so I take a picture of the current arrangement. These are from the summer - the arrangement changes with the seasons. I especially like the one at the restaurant because it is so simple - usually just a single stem or even a branch in the winter.

That's it for this week. Take time to smell the flowers.

No comments: