Sunday, August 15, 2004

A Nice Walk

This week was a bit unusual. I decided to walk today from Tokyo to Kawasaki which is a pretty good walk. It took me about 5 hours but it was cool today from a rain and quite nice. The amazing thing is you can walk the whole way on sidewalk and see other people walking along the whole route. Can you imagine that in Houston or LA? It is continuous mid-rise buildings most of the way but you see temples, shrines, parks, and so on. Really interesting but it wore me out.

A couple of other things of interest happened this week:

  1. A woman cut in line in front of me at the checkout this week. The first time I can ever remember.
  2. We had a train problem and it took an extra 20 minutes to get to work. This is only the second time this has happened that I can remember. The last time it took an extra 5 minutes. Trains are very reliable here.
  3. A child had a temper tantrum on the train because his sister wouldn't give him part of her candy. This is practically unheard of. I suspect she is like Cody was and waited until her brother had finished his and then started eating hers.

The gym in my apartment is closing for the week. Just when I had started really working out again. Oh well. I'll start up again next week. Take care of yourself and I'll write again then.

No comments: