Sunday, August 22, 2004

Beatles while Eating

I have discovered two restaurants in Tsurumi where I work that appear to play Beatles music all the time. They are a Noodle Shop (Raman-ya) and Fast Food Hamburger Place (Mos Burger). Why Beatles? I don't know. The interesting thing about this is I hear songs I haven't heard for 35 years and remember them immediately. Things I just heard yesterday I have no recollection of.

Anyway here is what I have found I like at these places:
  • Raman-ya: Order the "Number 1 Miso" or if you really like it spicy, the Number 2. I think Number 3 is probably too spicy and have never tried it. You say "Number 1" in English, not Japanese. Each ladle of spice costs an extra 20 yen or so. I like to order mine with tamago - a boiled egg.
  • Mos Burger: Try the Nan Taco (nantakosu in Japanese). I thought they only did stuff like this in the United States. It is taco meat with some curry and taco like seasoning and tomato / lettuce on a piece of Nan bread held so it forms a kind of taco. For those of you unfortunate enough not to have had it, Nan is a bread from India. Point to the picture of it when ordering although they probably would understand Nan Taco. I order mine "seto" with a salad.
Oishii desu - It's tasty.

No comments: