Saturday, September 05, 2009

BBQ on the Bow

There seems to be something going on most weekends down at the Bow River in Calgary. This week it is a barbeque competition so if you are a vegetarian you might want to skip this posting. I am actually quite sensitive in these matters myself as demonstrated in previous postings.

They were setting up for the competition, actually called BBQ on the Bow, when I went by this morning and stopped to talk to this fellow. His shirt is what caught my eye. Anyway, he said they had four types of competition: pork butt, pork ribs, beef brisket, and chicken (I think they also had a category for sauce). Cooking heat has to be supplied by wood or charcoal and the winner gets crowned champion of Alberta.

After having been here a few weeks now I am beginning to think Calgary should be sister city to Houston. After all they like to rodeo, like to eat barbeque, and everybody here is in the oil bidness. It is more like a twin city than a sister city....

No comments: