Sunday, August 09, 2009

Calgary Street Performers

So far I haven't been too impressed with the street performers in Calgary but this guy (Angel of Prosperity) was worth a picture. He is supposedly collecting money for the arts rather than his own pocket. There was one guy with a violin that I was ready to offer money for him to stop. Prince Island has some arranged concerts and theatre that promise to be good. For example, they had Shakespeare in the park this last weekend and that was free.

3 comments:

Megan said...

What is street performer etiquette, Dad? Should you give a donation if you take a picture? Should you ask before taking a picture? Since you are a seasoned street performer photographer, I thought I'd defer to you on related etiquette.

Anonymous said...

That guy looks kind of creepy to me. I hope you did not give him the time of day.

Random Traveller said...

I think you should leave them something if you are going to take their picture. This guy was performing for the arts (at least his sign said so - he wasn't talking) and Teresa gave him a dollar I think.