Saturday, August 01, 2009

All I need now is Black Socks

This is how I've been wasting time this week.

I bid on this camera on Ebay and I won it! For only $6.01 this beauty from the early '60s is mine. It came with a real leather case and uses real 35mm film. It can be reloaded over and over again and doesn't need any batteries!

The Agfa Optima Ia is the ultimate in retro cool. People knew you were somebody when they saw you with a camera like this in 1962 instead of a Kodak Brownie. The height in family vacation style was a German camera, bermuda shorts, white T-shirt, and black socks at the beach. Ah... the good life.

A shot from a roll I shot this week is featured on my One Photo a Week blog.

3 comments:

Lori Rosen said...

I can't help but advise you to go to Blacksocks.com-you'll never have to buy socks again-and they are well made, reasonably priced(includes shipping) and they all match!

Random Traveller said...

Thanks for the referral. If the truth be known, I am already wearing black socks only to work although I haven't made the leap to black socks and shorts. I also subscribe to long black pants only and limit my dress shirt choices to white or light blue. This makes choosing what to wear in the morning much easier.

Megan said...

I have worked my entire life to keep you out of shorts, black socks, and sandals. Please don't render my life's work as in vain.

Also, as someone who has seen the Agfa Optima first hand, I can attest that it is at the height of 60's societe.