Monday, August 17, 2009

Calgary Street Performers 2

I like this photograph. I almost put it in my Photograph a Week Blog because I thought it was probably the best picture I got this week.

The subject is an accordian player in Eau Claire who was playing in the mall. I like the way he sounds and I think the photograph captures how expressive he is when he plays. I've seen him around a bit - good street musician - and I've seen a bunch of them. (Yes Megan, we gave him a donation).

I shot it with my new Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 (gift to myself which I richly deserved) wide open to blur the background. It didn't blur quite as much as I wanted so I cheated and blurred it some more in Photoshop.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Dad, you are a true patron of the arts. USC Music school, countless concerts, and street performer donations.

Anonymous said...

I think that if this fellow really wanted to rake in the dough, he should take a page from the organ grinders book, and get himself a monkey with a tin cup. Heck, I would even donate to that! -StuMonkey

Random Traveller said...

A monkey might be good but you would have to get him a coat - it is cold up here. Reminds me of the haiku by Bashō:

初しぐれ猿も小蓑をほしげ也

Hatsu shigure
saru mo komino wo
hoshige nari

The first cold shower
Even the monkey seems to want
A little coat of straw.