Friday, July 20, 2007

The School down the Street

This is the school at the bottom of the hill from where we live. I stopped and took the picture in early morning light with my little camera on the way to work. Unfortunately there are a lot of light poles and wires in the way of this church so I cheated and took them out with digital editing software. Click on the photo to blow it up and look at the pole - no wires.

I try to take pictures so I don't have to edit them. It takes time and I am lazy so mostly I just crop and align them and let it go at that. At times I will adjust perspective on pictures with straight lines at strange angles. I had to do this on the Crazy Clark photograph below.

Take a careful look at the picture with the lady and the dog below. Look at their shadows and then the people in the background. Did you notice the shadows were missing when I first posted the picture? I thought they were distracting on the original picture and took them out. It is fairly easy to do this on something like grass.

I always reduce the size of everything I post so they load faster on the blog. If you really like one of the pictures and want to print it just let me know and I'll send you the full size file...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see it is almost 7:00 and you are just now only starting to head to off to work. It must be nice to have banker's hours.

Swan Maiden said...

I did the same thing with my pictures from Italy. There is just something wrong about leaving the beautiful buildings with poles and wires all around them.

Random Traveller said...

OK anonymous... It is about a 30 minute walk to work and I normally leave between about 6:15 and 6:45 for work so it isn't too unusual for me to be in front of the church about this time.

By the way, I notice your posting was made at 5:51 AM Brisbane time on a weekday. Now since you are anonymous I don't know where you are located but that would be 2:51 PM in Houston or 3:51 pm in Pensacola. Bankers might be home at that time but I wouldn't :-)