Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sushi in Paris

I am on a round the world sushi tour. Here Hatta-san and I enjoy a nice glass of ginjyo in Paris at a restaurant that was occupied only by nihonjin on the night I was there (with the exception of me of course, and I consider myself honorary nihonjin). The sushi and sashimi was excellent and we also enjoyed tempura. Kanpai!

I actually started this adventure in Yokohama where I was honored to eat in Ikeda-san's home with his wife and son. That was very nice and Ikeda-san also gave me a very nice sake cup. So far, the sushi has been pretty good at all the places I have tried it - but they haven't quite made it to the highest Japanese standards....

I am back in Doha now enjoying the balmy weather. Take care and don't get a heat stroke...

No comments: