Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sashimi in Ras Laffan

The other night we had sashimi in Ras Laffan at the camp canteen. This completes my round the world "sushi trip". In case you are not aware, sashimi is raw fish served without the rice as it is in nigiri (on top of rice) or maki (rolled in rice). This sashimi was from a local fish. Yatsuda-san and I could not figure out what kind it was, but it was pretty good. I have also eaten sushi in a Doha hotels but did not find it to be particularly good. Japanese friends tell me that the "Sakura" restaurant (the only real Japanese restaurant in Doha) is OK though.

Today (Friday) is a day off in Qatar. However, I am at work because I was away from the Construction Site for most of the week and got behind. I am not behind because I was away from the site, but rather because I was away from the computer. I don't have internet at the house in Doha yet so that makes it hard to keep up from there. So last night I drove out here and spent the night in the camp. Tomorrow I will take the day off and try to find something interesting to do...

No comments: