Friday, June 30, 2006

Kitchens


Differences. There are a lot of differences in Qatar and Japan. Many are obvious, some more subtle. The way that people live is at least as different as the land itself. Here are two kitchens. The first is the kitchen of my apartment in Japan. It is sleek, ultra-modern, compact, and efficient. The second one is the kitchen in my villa in Qatar. It is very spacious, modern, and a kind of traditional style.

For me, they represent someting about the country they come from. The United States is somewhere in between the two in the way I think about it. I know you can find examples similar to both of the above in just about any country. But look at them and you will get a feeling for one aspect of these cultures.

Can you guess which is more "me" :-)

V=7500

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not hard to pick the one for you - your apartment in Japan was perfect for you.
Mom