Friday, May 19, 2006

Road Hazards


There are a number of road hazards here. As in most places, but maybe more so here, the number one hazard is other drivers. There are also sandstorms (on the day after I took this picture I had to slow down considerably because of visibility and there is dust in the air in this picture as well).

And then there are the camels. Camels are a lot like moose in Alaska. A lot of weight up high on spindly legs - just right to come crashing into the passenger compartment if you hit one. So far I am avoiding them. You see them from time to time. Today I saw a big lizard. Other than that, not much moving...

I am getting settled in but having to work some long hours. My shipment came in from Japan today so soon I'll have the rest of my clothes, stereo, massage chair, tea pots, and television. I don't know why I got that television. There is already one here so I don't really need it. Oh well. Better having surplus corruption than not having what you need...

1 comment:

Jody (White) and Juan Leon said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. Isn't it funny what you can come across when you are googling. It gives me great ideas for mine. Keep up the amazing work.

Best of luck in Doha.

Sincerely,
Jody D. White
Ibaraki, Japan