Sunday, May 28, 2006

New Electronics

My children were starting to catch up with me in terms of what their cell phones could do so I picked up this new i-mate Pocket PC with Windows so I can take a picture, post it to my blog, and view it. Of course I can also create an Excel spreadsheet or a Word file as needed.

This cell phone has more power than my first PC by a significant amount. That PC had 32 k of memory (16k RAM and 16k ROM) and when I first got it I used a tape recorder for storage until I could afford a floppy disk drive. And it didn't even have a built in camera or ability to access the internet. I shall not tell tales of punched paper tape or IBM paper cards. Or learning to use a slide rule...

1 comment:

Random Traveller said...

Note: I just upgraded the memory on my phone with another GB of RAM. Don't want to run short...