Saturday, March 26, 2005

Computer Controlled Massage Chair


When I first came to Japan I thought I had a pretty cool apartment - view of Tokyo Tower, Temple below my balcony, free breakfast on the 42nd floor, etc. but there were obvious things missing. Sure, I had a computerized toilet, thermostatically controlled heated floor, and a bath that turned itself on and off but some of the niceties of life in Japan were missing.

So I have recently taken advantage of my rental allowance and got a massage chair and a home theater system.

I hadn't got a chair before because the foot rests weren't quite long enough and to be honest I didn't find the leg part that comfortable. Then I found this one that has a rest that zooms in and out to fit me perfectly. Further, it has little pads that come out and massage the tops as well as the bottoms of your feet. AND, it runs up and down your back before starting to find your shoulders so it can knead them just right. Plus 4 user customized settings, heated pad for back, background music, arm and hand massager, automatic drink dispenser (just kidding), etc.

What good is this without a home theater? Mine was dated - probably at least 3 years old - so I got a new Onkyo which is apparently the Japanese brand to have. Note the four controllers on the table next to me. That's a lot of digital audio horsepower to handle, especially when all the directions and stuff are in Kanji. I finally have the radio and television working again, and will try to get the 3D hologram function working when I have the time.

Have a nice Easter and try not to get caught up in material things.

V=1745

3 comments:

Random Traveller said...

I "claim" to have an Onkyo? Of course I have one. It is a DVD, MD, CD, Radio, Audio-Visual, Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound 5.1 Stereo System. Of course I don't actually watch the TV so I didn't get a new one of those - I have my standards. It is the same old flat screen Panasonic TV that I had before.

Anonymous said...

Wowser, a computerized massage chair that adjusts to long legged gents along with your own personal Onkyo theater. Man you can take the boy out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the boy. Is that living or what? I can only imagine the joy of watching a classic like the colorized version of "Second Son of Godzilla vrs Step Daughter of Mothra" on a wide screen HDTV and simultaneously enjoying in a computerized custom message. Like I say, is that living or what? MPM

Random Traveller said...

Well Pardner, it beats sittin' around a campfire scratchin' your butt and ... whoops I almost forgot that this is a family blog.