Friday, August 13, 2010

Taste of Calgary

I haven't made a posting without a picture in a while so, just for fun, here is one.  I haven't carried a camera since last weekend.  I've been working and haven't even gone for so much as a good walk.  But this evening I stopped off at the Taste of Calgary which is a food tasting festival held in the square in Eau Claire between the YMCA and the market.  You buy tickets and use them to sample food from various restaurants in the Calgary area who set up stalls.

I tried the following:
  • BBQ Slider (good)
  • Mixed Sushi Plate (OK)
  • Cabbage Rolls (Nice)
  • Turkish Donair (Below average)
  • Small glass of Daniel Gehr Syrah (excellent)
Not everyone would have picked this mixture, but then not everyone is me.  I found if I stopped and talked to the folks working the stall for a minute and asked where their shop was they would give me a discount ticket and in the case of the BBQ Slider a free dinner at their establishment.  So I may go back tomorrow for more and if I do I'll take a camera.

I couldn't stop myself.  I had to post photographs.  Over in the slideshow are some photos I took a while back of my shadow....

No comments: