Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Self Portrait

It must have been a better day at work - I am much more relaxed in this photograph :-) And you may be thinking I have become my own favorite photographic subject, but not really. It is true that I am quite fond of myself, but not as a photographic subject. Teresa has been a good sport, but I take a lot of time fooling around and trying to find the right setup.

My rule of thumb used to be it took 10 shots to get a photograph I thought was pretty good. My standards have gone up though and most human subjects get bored before I get the picture I want. So lots of times I am stuck with inaminate objects or when I really get desperate, myself.

In this case the goal was to find lighting that looks good on me. It took about 20 shots to get this one. It is soft light with me looking almost directly into an umbrella bounced flash. There is a white reflector camera left to soften the shadows. Another flash is pointed at the wall just to lighten it a bit and for separation. It is time to go back to pictures of inaminate objects again...

No comments: