Sunday, June 20, 2004

Yakiniku

Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 9:37 PM
Subject: Weekly Email


It was nice to be home and see family. David and I had a nice trip to Maryland and in general it was relaxing to just be at home. I got back to Japan last Sunday and it has been nothing but work since. I had almost 700 emails waiting for me at work. I normally get 60 to 70 per day. It slacks off a little bit over the weekend but not too much because Friday emails from Houston arrive on Saturday and they work Sundays in Doha. Anyway, I worked yesterday and today and got caught up.

The project is just finishing up the technical part of ordering the LNG tanks so the group celebrated by going out to a Korean BBQ Friday. The Japanese name for a Korean BBQ is Yakiniku which means roast meat according to my dictionary (my secretary translated it as burnt meat). This is appropriate since what you basically do is sit in front of a charcoal fire and roast meat.

That is it for me, I hope you are all doing well.

No comments: