Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Autumn

The little Japanese maple in the front garden is probably at peak fall colors right now so I snapped a picture.  The Japanese maple is my favorite small tree - the first ones I had in my garden were in England years ago and I had a green one and a red one.  This one has a really pretty shape as well as color.

In unrelated news, I went down to the Occupy Seattle demonstration the other day.  I didn't snap any pictures, although the protesting grandmothers would have been good if I would have had my camera ready.  I did jot down what I thought were the best protest signs:

  •  I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one
  • 9% unemployed + 90% underpaid = 99%
  • Wall Street is shovel ready - bury them with FDR's Glass-Steagall Act

No comments: