Friday, June 19, 2009

Security Crisis Averted

A security crisis was prevented today when a photographer (me) was stopped from photographing a building from a public sidewalk. Local security kops spotted me and made sure I knew "unauthorized photographs" are not allowed!

As I walked back to my office the full extent of what could happen started to sink in. What if somebody sneaked a shot as they drove by in a car! What if they were acting like they were using a cell phone near the building but were actually taking a picture! And me, someone who has been carrying cameras around the world for 30 years, shouldn't I know better than to take a photograph from a public sidewalk in plain daylight that had a building in it?....

I have done some research and the full security threat from photographers is only now being realized. The following investigative report exposes the risk all too well (warning - this is a graphic video and not suitable for young children):

==> CLICK HERE <==

Holy guacamole batman! I just looked up the building's address on Google and there is a picture of it right there on the internet along with the tenant's name!

V = 14,400

4 comments:

Megan said...

Dad - you behavior is shocking. Scandal has once again rocked this otherwise family-friendly blog.

When I was working at the City Club and wedding parties wanted to take a picture outside of the building, they were rebuffed by Greenway Plaza security. Imagine the threat posed by a wedding photographer!

Hats off to the security forces that keep the men and women of Houston's office parks safe. We're all at risk here.

And the very graphic video you posted - do you think that man could give me some tips on how to walk a cat?

Random Traveller said...

My thoughts exactly! btw, cat walking is also suspicious behavior...

Elegant Erica said...

I have a harness that walks my bunny... I'm sure it is the same kind of thing.

Random Traveller said...

Bunny walking would be considered very suspicious behavior.