Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tattoo

I have been in Australia and PNG the last two weeks, and flew into Houston on Friday afternoon. I don't know why but there really wasn't anything that caught my eye or told me a story worth retelling on this trip. I did get a fair picture of an ibis, a picture of some dancers, a nice picture of Brisbane CBD from the river, and this shot of a tattoo parlor on Queen Street.

Tattoos are pretty popular in Australia, perhaps even more popular than what they are in the United States. Girls get them, guys get them, and sometimes it isn't clear what it was that got them. There is a a kind of Moiri pattern that seems popular. Of course in PNG they still do traditional tattoos in some spots. I don't know whether these fine fellows are tattoo artists, customers, or hanger-ons....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My amazing intuitive skills tell me that the fellow on the right is a tatoo artist and the guy on the left is his canvas. _Stu

Random Traveller said...

I think you may be right because nobody in their right mind would let the guy on the left permanently ink them. But it is like Cody said: show me someone with a tattoo and I'll show you someone who has been really drunk at least once in their life...