Sunday, January 04, 2009

Buying a Car

I have been thinking about buying another car lately. Because I don't have family in the business any more, this means a lot of research on my part and getting ready to go do "business" with a car salesman. These days though, you have to almost feel sorry for them. In fact, given that they really haven't made money for quite some time as an industry, maybe I should have felt sorry in the past.

Actually, the same applies to a lot of business. When the oil and gas industry shed all those jobs in the 1980s and early 90s and companies went under there wasn't anybody outside the industry feeling sorry about it. A lot of other jobs were "outsourced" over the last 20 years or so too. Most of the work I do for an American company is with companies in other countries.

What to buy? I am torn between a Corvette and a hybrid Escape. You can get a heck of a deal on a full sized pickup truck. I guess I am not ready to buy yet.

No comments: