Friday, May 18, 2007

The Reason I Fish

I take lots of pictures and usually there are only a couple that are any good, maybe none. My definition of a poor picture is one that doesn't tell a story that I really connect with. On some occasions, I end up with more than a couple that I like and there is a tendancy to want to post all of them. But I think if you can condense a story down to one, or sometimes two pictures, that is best.

This last week Jack, David, Cody, Stuart, and I took another fishing trip - this time to South Louisiana. You can't go any further South. Now, I like to fish. If you have fished with me you know that I usually try to be the first one with a hook in the water, to keep the hook in the water when it is not in a fish's mouth, and be the last one to reel in. But that isn't the real reason to go fishing.

The two pictures I am posting here sum it up best for me. First of all, it is fun to get together with people you enjoy and go fishing. Stuart and David arranged a hardhead catfish tournament one night and you can tell we enjoyed it in this picture. The second reason is that it is just good therapy to be outdoors. It is hard not to relax viewing nature, a sunset, or wildlife. I enjoyed seeing the two pelicans below after visiting with a couple of them in Australia a few weeks ago.

Now you may be thinking that I am just writing all this about nature and good company because we didn't catch any fish. But we did! The first day we caught more than enough trout for the freezer and the second day we were fortunate to catch some large redfish and release them. Stuart caught the biggest hardhead, Cody caught the most hardheads, Jack caught the biggest redfish, and David was one of several claiming to have caught the biggest trout. I got the most pictures (there are a few more behind Yebisu). And we all enjoyed just getting out...

V=8653

No comments: