Sunday, March 14, 2004

White Day


Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 2:14 PM
Subject: Weekly Email


Dear All,

I leave for the airport in a few minutes to pick up Teresa, Megan, and Dave. We are starting to get a lot of work done, but more on the way, on my project. So last week was busy.

Today is "White Day" in Japan. I may have already explained this but on Valentine's Day girls give guys something. Then on White Day, guys return the favor. The weather has really started to turn nice. It is in the 60s today and sunny. The plum trees are starting to get past their full bloom but the cherry trees are really starting to show buds. Watching the cherry blossoms fall is a big deal in Japan and in about two weeks we should be in the thick of it.

I got an espresso machine last week on my rental allowance. And it really makes great coffee. I'm still learning to froth the milk with the steamer for a cappuccino though. My effort this morning wasn't too bad.

I haven't heard from Teresa and the kids about what they want to do (except Megan wants to go to museums). So I think we will go to the National Museum first which is at Ueno. What all the visitors really seem to want to do is shop. So we'll go to the museum shop and then on Tuesday I'll take them to the Oriental Bazaar. And then we can take a trip outside Tokyo to somewhere like Nikko or Kamakura.

Well that's about it. Happy White Day!

...Frank

No comments: